One Door Closes...


Well, I took a workshop last night with Lonnie Hamerman from Gary Zuckerbrod's office - the one who I just saw earlier this week for the Without a Trace audition. She let me know I came "very close to booking". That's nice - but I would've rather booked it for sure! Not get close...
She said they bring in 6 actors to producers and narrow it down to the top 2 or 3 choices and edit those auditions onto a tape for the other executive producers to see and decide. Well, I was one of those top 2 or 3 - and I didn't get the job. Too bad... :-( The good thing is, I am now on her radar and I believe she likes me enough to try and find something for me. She let me know the new season starts back up in July - so hopefully there is something even bigger waiting for me!
I do have an audition tomorrow for a feature film called Knocked Up. It's from the same writer who did The 40 Year Old Virgin. I'm auditioning for a maid role named Maria. hmmm...I don't think I've ever done that before. In fact, aside from the sarcasm, Allison Jones who cast me as MARIA on Curb Your Enthusiasm is the one calling me in for this film. Nice! They speicified an accent - no prob.
Wish me broken legs - I would LOVE to book a nice feature film to help me feel better for losing out on that guest star role on Without a Trace!
Like they say, when one door closes...another opens....

Comments

Anonymous said…
WHAT THE HELL? Another maid named Maria???? How do you not get bitter?
unBElievable
?????
Unknown said…
you're telling me! But the paychecks REALLY keep me less bitter than what I could be! Or have been....
Someone has to write better roles for Latinas...bottom line.

Popular posts from this blog

And the JOURNEY Continues...

Proud Agent

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?