Not Bad...

Well, I did it. I was so nervous about that audition - but I went in and did it. I have to say, I wouldn't have been able to if it weren't for my friend Angel who worked on it with me the day before. (Thanks again!) I was so in my head before that audition. worried and scared about the intimacy of the character and scene - but I ended up walking into the audition with confidence. And I have to say - the audition went well. I made sure to take my sweet time with the lines and connect with the reader. In fact, I was looking into my reader's eyes so intently that I sensed I made her uncomfortable. That's good. I hope. :-) Afterwards she smiled and nodded her head, said "great job" - and asked me where I'm from. We chatted a bit and she made some notes on my headshot. nice. I doubt she would've talked to me afterwards if I didn't interest her at all - so we'll see what comes of it. I'm proud that I went in and conquered my fear of this audition.
It made no sense to me! It was a meaty juicy role and I was scared??!!!! Actors would KILL for the opportunity to flex their acting muscles like this. I guess I bought into the Hollywood typecasting. I wasn't used to going out for a role like this - and instead of thinking like an "actor" who can tackle just about any role - I was basically sabotaging myself by being scared and second guessing my talent.
That won't happen again.

Comments

Unknown said…
Reminds me of the saying, "Fear is temporary, regret if forever."

At least you faced your fear and got over it, in superior fashion at that. Good luck with the part and congratulations.
Unknown said…
Thanks Antonio! :-)
Anonymous said…
Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»
Anonymous said…
Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Popular posts from this blog

Proud Agent

And the JOURNEY Continues...

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?