Pilot Audition...and Stuff

Today I interned at the casting office again. I do it about three times a week - and like I've said before, I love it! I've been tossing around the idea of doing it professionally. As in, maybe taking a step back from acting to explore this new venture. Everyday that I'm there, I feel like I'm learning something new about the job. It always feels like there's so much more to learn! It's pretty exciting - especially working on the pilot. I'm learning a lot from watching other actors audition, hearing the casting director deal with agents and managers and producers, and watching people make mistakes with their careers - and also witnessing people get cast in roles that will change their lives!! It's pretty awesome!
Today I was "recognized" by an actor who was auditioning for the pilot. I guess you could call it being "recognized" - haha :) He reads this blog! That was cool! I also saw Peter Gallagher yesterday and he remembered me from when we worked on The OC a few years back. I even got to meet Harry Hamlin today! That was cool - he's very thin though.
After interning, I headed back over the hill to Burbank where I sat down at a Starbucks to read the entire script for the pilot I was auditioning for today. I was a little nervous about this one. It was a really good Jerry Bruckheimer script and my role was a distraught mother whose teenage daughter was murdered. I had to be emotional and break down after just a couple of lines. So I tried to focus as much as I could before my audition, to get into the right mindframe for the character. That was hard! I hate having to do emotional scenes! It's so exhausting! And I usually end up with a headache! I didn't think I would be able to do it. I felt connected to the emotion at times, and then I would lose it. It made me nervous. But just when I begin to doubt my own ability....I surprise myself! ;) hehe I walked into that room, and I guess I used that nervousness for the scene, because it went a lot better than I expected! I felt really good about it. :)
I just got home from private coaching two of my teenage students. One has two auditions for tomorrow. A feature film and a TV show. Nice!
I also just got a call from my agent saying he wanted to pass on an audition for a one line co-star role on a new pilot for ABC. He didn't want the executives over at ABC to see me in a co-star role. He didn't think that was the impression we wanted to give - that I was still a "co-star actor". We are trying to move forward as a guest star, recurring, or series regular on these shows, so he made sense. We passed.
I need a job. A good one. :)
Class with Howard tomorrow. And I want to see my friend, Leandro, in the play Oedipus El Rey this weekend in Pasadena. Trying to stay busy... :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And the JOURNEY Continues...

Proud Agent

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?