Today's Producer's Session

The audition for Cold Case went really well. While I was waiting to go into the room, I was pleased to be among some good company there for other roles. I recognized Liz Torres, who was going in for the role of a teacher. She saw a couple of other actresses she knew. One of them, Ivonne Coll, who I recognized as a teacher on Lean On Me!! She played Mrs. Santos. That was really cool! They all seemed really nice, and such close friends. Then, moments later, Lupe Ontiveros walks in!! Wow! She has been working steadily for a very long time and I have always admired her! It really makes me feel good to be around these veteran Latina actresses who continue to work. Gives me hope for the future!
One actor, Celestin Cornielle, was there for his audition. He went in and did his thing, and afterwards, as he walked out, they went running after him to bring him back in. Obviously they saw something they liked. He was this good looking ;) actor that was auditioning for a very bad-boy role, complete with tattoos and a white "wife beater". He also had a very good headshot. Damn, I'm sorry I never asked him who the photographer was. We even sat there talking about it for a while.
So then it was my turn. I walked into the small room, that happened to be filled with at least 6 or 7 people, mostly producers with the writer and director. I read with Michael Testa, and it seemed to go well. They really liked my final line. The room erupted in laughter after it - so that's always good. (Unless it's a dramatic scene - then it's not so good. But luckily, this was lighter!) So we'll see. I'm not sure if I physically match what the role would call for - but I did the best I could in the audition. And that's all I could hope for!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proud Agent

And the JOURNEY Continues...

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?