I'm Pinned.

Hollywood never fails to keep me wondering... A new word was introduced to me today from the entertainment industry. My manager at Central Artists http://www.centralartists.com/ called me today to let me know that I was "pinned" for the pilot A Day in the Life. I replied with "That's great! um...isn't it? Tell me again what 'pinned' means." Apparently it means they liked me and want to know if I'm available the week of April 4th thru the 12th. I guess pinning means the same as putting someone "on avail". Just checking to see if I'm in town and available to shoot if they offered me the role. According to my manager it's "pretty much a booking" - but in my eyes, it's not a booking until they call me to offer me the role. Being "pinned" is nice - but being booked is better! :-)
Hopefully I will know if I'm booked sometime next week - but it looks really good for me.

Comments

Stephon Fuller said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stephon Fuller said…
Congrats Lydia! I was "pinned" last year for "Hot Properties" for a couple of weeks before I was actually booked. It probably means your photo is "pinned" to the wall at the casting office and/or the production office. At least one of those photos is most likely a photo copy. Of course I'm probably totally wrong.

Check this photo:

http://www.stephonfuller.com/bioII.html
Angel said…
Getting "pinned" sounds like GREAT news! Congrats!!
ACTORSITE said…
PINNED!!!Well in wrestling, it's when your opponent "holds" you down for a certain time, so I'm thinking your on "hold" until they figure the exact days they'll need you...It sounds good Lydia!!!...Congrats!!!...Bruno
Anonymous said…
Don't sweat it. Of course being "pinned" to a bed by a really hot guy is just as good in my eyes but this is a close 2nd. hee hee
-Lett

Popular posts from this blog

Proud Agent

And the JOURNEY Continues...

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?