Back to Work



1st pic: My first trailer in Jan. :-)
2nd pic: Here I am trying to rest in my hopefully temporary trailer. The picture shows the entire room from left to right. That was it. :-( Am I overreacting?


Ok, I never thought I was a DIVA until today! Let me explain...
I was not scheduled to work again on Holiday until Tuesday and I got a call Sunday night at 10:30pm saying Kate Winslet was sick and they had to rearrange some scenes to work on Monday without her. I cancelled my appointments and said "Sure! I'll be there!". I show up and I had my mom with me from out of town. (I cleared it with the AD that she would be my guest for the day and mainly hang out in my trailer.) I show up and they had put me in a honey wagon. A honeywagon is a TINY trailer that consists of 4 separate rooms in one big truck. When I worked last I was NOT in a honeywagon. I was in a "two-banger" - which is 2 rooms in one truck. The differences are HUGE! When I worked in January on this same film, I had a couch, desk, tv, VCR, DVD player, fridge, shower and large bathroom, and a lazy boy recliner. It was a very comfortable and nice room. The honey wagon is the exact opposite! It's claustrophobic! No real bathroom - a toilet with a door, a sink, mirror, and an uncomfortable cushioned seat (not even able to be classified as a couch!) And that's it! I asked about my old trailer and they said that since the schedule was completely different and made at the last minute, they didn't know what people or trailers to expect. There was nothing they could do - and I endured that trailer the entire 12 hours of work. Needless to say, I spent most of my day outside - or on the set.
I swear I don't usually sound this much like a DIVA normally - but REALLY....I don't get how I could have a perfectly comfortable trailer to hang in my first week of work - and then get THIS when I come back 2 months later! I was not happy. Hopefully when I report to work again on Friday - I'll have my old trailer back! I had to send my mom back to my place where she'd be more comfortable - and she HATES driving in LA traffic! We had brought DVD's with us to watch in my trailer - and the tiny closet they gave me for a room didn't have a TV - so that was useless.
ok, enough of my rant on the damn trailer....aside from that whole ordeal - today was really cool. I worked today with Ed Burns and he's a real cutie. I love his voice. It's low and raspy. Sounds very cool. The director and the crew had just gotten back from shooting in London and their first day back was Friday of last week. Today was Ed's first day. (Or I guess I can say "Eddie" since that's how he introduced himself to me! heehee) It wasn't a bad day of work with him shooting our scene in a t-shirt and boxers - the whole day!
I got there at 8am and didn't get my make up started until 11am. It was halfway done when they broke us for lunch. I came back and got my make up finished. I hung out until about 2:30 or so and then got called in for rehearsal. Then I got my hair done and we started shooting my scene around 3:30pm. We shot, and shot, and shot (Nancy does MANY takes for every shot) and finally wrapped at 8pm. I got booked for a week - but I only work today and Friday. Not bad...
So far I only work those two days. You never know if I'll get another call at 10:30 at night!

Comments

Angel said…
The "And Watch Your Step" sign adds a certain earthy elegance to the room don't you think?! Hilarious!! Ohh, and by the way, yes, you are now officially a DIVA! Haha. Just kidding. Have a great shoot.
Joan Blair said…
Lydia,

You're SO funny! Great blog!

Seriously, I've found that it's a RARE occasion to get a giant trailer when doing a small role.
You were EXTRA blessed that day!

I worked on "My Name Is Earl" yesterday.
And, yes, I TOO had a "honeywagon" trailer.
But, it was a little bigger than your.
Oh, yeah, and no "watch your step" sign! ; )
Unknown said…
I guess my issue is, I'm not there for just one day. It's almost 2 weeks of work! And why not stay consistent? Why give me the smaller trailer AFTER the nice one? crazy!
TanikaBrown said…
The sign takes the cake! Oh my!
Anonymous said…
Damn, I can't believe you actually had room for your purse. What are they thinking putting you in there. That place makes an airport restroom look like a palace! Ok, I'm obviously using major sarcasm with that statement but really. You weren't lying girl! I guess I had to see it to believe it. Nice kicks (shoes).
-Lett
Anonymous said…
oops. I meant airplane restroom. lol. I haven't had my coffee yet. :)

Popular posts from this blog

And the JOURNEY Continues...

Proud Agent

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?