Well, It's Been an Interesting Couple of Days...


I was not looking for a new agent - at all. I'm pretty happy where I am. I'm going out on auditions - even though it's pretty slow. We would all love MORE - but I can't complain too much right now. I got an "offer" from another agency to come on board. I thought that was nice. I figured it was nice to have options, in case I am ever "not happy" where I am - I know where I can go. But then, that's where it got interesting...
After I got the call that they were interested, I then received a "deadline" of 48 hours to make a decision. hmm..interesting. I figured, if you were interested - you were INTERESTED. I didn't think there would be a "deadline" on the "interest". Especially since I wasn't formally in the market to find a new agent. Then I received a call, retracting the offer since I was "hesitant and indecisive" about coming over. ummm....ok. Again, I was never LOOKING for a new agent - and YOU came to me, so I was a little confused.
But needless to say, you never stop learning in this business. Not exactly sure what just happened - but I do know it's all over with, and I'm not going anywhere. Which is good, since I wasn't looking anyway!! :-)

Comments

Tim said…
If they treat all potential clients like that then it's probably best you stay where you are. I can't see how they would stay in business with an approach like that!
TanikaBrown said…
The plot thickens! Of course me thinks it is the agent you referenced days ago, trying to poach from his former employer. If so, then it is good that he retracted. Major violations of the non-compete clause I am most certain he had with former agency. If it was YOUR idea, then that is a different story. Hmmm... But good for YOU. Agents are courting you. Take note! We actors should all hope for such... Not shabby at all.

Popular posts from this blog

And the JOURNEY Continues...

Proud Agent

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?