Just Plain Mean

I don't get people sometimes.
After I convinced myself to get out of my bed this morning, (it was very comfortable and I was quite content there!) I went for a run. I was running 4 miles this morning - and I was on my last mile. I tripped on some bump in the track and I went tumbling down. I scraped up both my palms of my hands and my knees. My right knee just a scrape, but my left knee looks pretty bad. great. But THAT'S not even the worst of it. There was a man running not too far behind me. When I fell, I just assumed, while I was on the ground, that this stranger would help me up. I looked up from the ground and saw the man continue running past me. Not only did he NOT help me off the ground, he didn't even ask if I was ok! I think that hurt me more than the fall!
I was dumbfounded, disgusted, and disappointed. I didn't understand how a person can see another human being in need, and not care enough to lend a helping hand. Just boggles my mind.
I'm sorry, but I can't help think that if this fall happened in Texas, where most are pretty friendly, I not only would've been helped up, I probably would've had my breakfast taken care of also! Oh well....
I Do plan on running again tomorrow morning (if my pain goes down), and I'll keep my eye out for that guy! I, at least, know what the back of his head looks like!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That sucks Lydia. But yoiu are right if this happened in Texas you would have gotten helped up and Breakfast....uh,....er...and asked for your phone number! Lots of love sweetie!
SANTIAGO
Shenita Moore said…
If it happens again, just trip him...:)...

- Shenita
Anonymous said…
what a ma-mon. hope he drops dead on his next jog!

-Lett
Anonymous said…
I would've helped you up!
R.C.
Anonymous said…
Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Popular posts from this blog

Proud Agent

And the JOURNEY Continues...

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?