Close Call!


I almost didn't make it!
I had that audition today for that Adam Sandler/Seth Rogen film Funny People. Judd Apatow is directing, and Allison Jones is the casting director. She also cast me in Curb Your Enthusiasm and The Office.
I didn't think I was gonna make it to the audition! I got out of work around 2:30pm in Panorama City and I had to make it to Hollywood by 3pm. Well, I made it by 2:45pm! How you ask?? You don't wanna know! I'm just thankful I made it! I ran up to the audition room and tried to catch my breath as I looked over the sides. It was one scene, but a prety meaty one, so I had lots to look over in just a few minutes.
Allison came out to tell me she'll be right with me. She thanked me for coming in and actually apologized that it was for "another maid role". Wow. I don't think anyone has EVER apologized to me for that! I really appreciated that. I thanked her for calling me in and told her I didn't mind at all. (hehehe)
I went in and did a pretty good job, complete with accent and all. She seemed pretty pleased with it, and the fact that I made it in to the audition. Who knows...
Again, this is one of those jobs where I don't mind playing the maid AGAIN. I would love to work with Adam and Judd and Seth! And I need to do another big movie like this!
I thought a lot about my resistance to these maid roles and how ironically I have either booked or auditioned for so many just this year! I could fight it and bitch and moan and make myself miserable.....OR just shut up and work! I figured I would make myself happier if I do the latter. And try my hardest to work on as many other projects that I care about on the side as often as possible.
I'm really toying with the idea of getting into producing.
We'll see...
Congrats to my buddy Stephon Fuller for booking one of the reporter roles on Do Not Disturb that we auditioned for on Friday! YAY!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proud Agent

And the JOURNEY Continues...

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?