Negotiations Update!

Well, yesterday I was updated by my manager about how the negotiations are going...and I have to say I am in SHOCK! *(And by shock, I mean, ecstatic shock!)There is a whole new world I am being introduced to here! :) It's pretty damn awesome!
Again, what sucks in this whole process is, I get all excited about the possibility of what I could be making, and what my career could be....and then the part could always go to someone else and CRUSH that dream. That dream that has already been negotiated! It's just cruel!
But we're going to stay positive and wish for the best. That's all we can do, right? And by we, I mean me! LOL
The negotiations include everything from pay per episode, to how many episodes I'm promised for the next few years, to dressing room specifics, to even hair and make up consulations where I can provide my input to how I want my character to look. There are so many little details that I don't even really have a say in as to what's "important" to me. They are just negotiating for me, trying to find the "best" deal. Pretty cool... The only thing I really care about is being able to show up to work everyday. That's always been my biggest dream. Driving to the studio everyday because that's where I work. On set. (sigh) So close....
Yesterday I went to an interview for a Teaching Artist position at the 24th St Theater. This position would travel to different schools teaching theater to students and teaching teachers how to teach theater. Sounded like a pretty good idea. There were 15 of us there at the group interview, and I didn't find out until after the 2 hours that they were only looking to fill one or two positions. Wow.
But we're hoping I'll never have to teach or do something like this again because I'll be on a series! :) Crazy how in one week, your life can change.
I'm hoping....
Ok, I'm going to church and lighting a candle between now and Monday...
Feel free to do the same! :)

Comments

HoTCPA said…
Good vibes... good vibes... believe......
Shenita Moore said…
Break-A-Leg tomorrow Lydia!

- Shenita.

Popular posts from this blog

And the JOURNEY Continues...

Proud Agent

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?