Underestimating Jinxing

ok, I have to blame myself partially for this - since I was so damn SURE I would book this!
I got a call from my manager this afternoon saying they called from Cold Case and cancelled my callback because they went ahead and booked someone else. WHAT???? That's freakin' impossible!!! Didn't they know I was the only one who could do this role? Hel-lo??!! Damn! I feel pretty sick to my stomach right about now! And mainly because I have never felt so sure about a role before. But I guess that's where over-confidence meets jinxing yourself! :( I'm so very curious to know who they ended up casting. But to stay positive and refrain from crawling into bed for the rest of the day, I have to say that it's their loss and this just means bigger and better things for myself on the horizon.
I'm a big believer in "everything happens for a reason" - and if this happened so I can get my once-lost confidence, then it served it's purpose. And a much needed one at that! :)
Time to put it behind me and move forward with my head held high. (Despite this pain in my stomach.)

Comments

Unknown said…
I know just how you feel!
I was so confident that I would book a commercial this week.
NEXT!
:-)
Tim said…
I'm sorry you didn't get the role, but I too think everything happens for a reason, so keep your chin up! :)
Anonymous said…
You deserve a better role anyway. I had issues about seeing you as a bully. There's something else brewing for you, be patient.
-Lett

Popular posts from this blog

Proud Agent

And the JOURNEY Continues...

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?