BOOKED!!!!!!!!

YAY!!! Finally! I have been waiting for this all year!
I booked What About Brian - and the best part is - it may be recurring!
I shoot this Friday, and I play the nanny Maria. My manager Laura told me that the casting director thought she saw my character's name in the following episode - so I may be recurring - but she will let us know. YAY!!!!!!! I'm so happy!
I haven't booked anything all year except for the industrial in August! This has definately been a really slow year for me, with my first theatrical booking coming in September. When you don't work for a while, you start to get nervous and think "Will I ever work again? Was my last job really my LAST job???"
But it's good to think like that though. Keeps me on my toes. It keeps me hungry and working hard to make sure that WASN'T my last job.
It's funny how this career happens in cycles. One minute you may be the hottest actor in town, booking audition after audition and it seems like you book everything you go out for. Then there are the dry spells where you can't even get an audition, but the ones you do get - nothing comes of them. And you feel like you may never work again.
I have to say, this career never ceases to suprise me though...and I like that! :)
I had a last minute audition for the next Die Hard film with Bruce Willis! It was at 8pm tonight with a casting office I have been trying to get in with for years - Aquila/Wood Casting. They do a lot of big studio feature films - so I was very happy to know that I'm now on their radar! I read for the role of a bank teller and there were all kinds of women in for this role. All shapes, sizes, ages, and colors! So you never know what will happen - it has alot to do with the look and type they are going for. But I felt my read went very wll, so now, I just have to put it behind me and forget all about it - while praying I get the call that it's mine! ;)

Comments

Anonymous said…
YEAH FOR LYDIA!!!!!

Soo proud and happy for you!!

Jesse
Frances Uku said…
never mind brian - i'm saying what about lydia! congrats, you!!!
ACTORSITE said…
Lydia, Very happy to see you "book" this one!!!... Let's hope it's recurring for many, many episodes!!!...B
Anonymous said…
I can't say I'm surprised. Way to nail it!
-Lett
karyrogers said…
That's awesome. Congrats. I'll have to notify the TiVo to look for it. =)
Shenita Moore said…
Congrats Lydia!

You're exactly right, from one day to the next, things change in a flash!

- Shenita.
Stephon Fuller said…
Way to go Lydia!
Franny, you're hilarious!! LOL!

Lydia, Congratulations!! (((HIGH FIVE))))

:)
TanikaBrown said…
Lydia,

Way to go, mamita! Here's to more where that came from....for all of us!
Angel said…
Yay! Congrats!!

Popular posts from this blog

Proud Agent

And the JOURNEY Continues...

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?