A Big Day Full of News


My agent Greg Meyer and a group of lovely girls - myself included! ;) November 2005

I got the call today saying I was pinned (once again) for the tv show What About Brian. Oh, don't get me wrong - pinned is a lot better than someone else booking it - but still - this is the second time I have been pinned for this show - and I just want a booking!!!! The pinned dates start tomorrow and go on until October 3rd. I guess they will decide whether or not to keep my character in or write her out. OR, maybe just cast someone else. I have no idea what the true meaning of "pinning" means still....
So this week I had an appointment to meet with my agent Dave Kensler over at ACME to help choose from my headshots. I found out that during a meeting Monday morning, Dave and Michael were both "let go". Something about "not making the numbers" booking wise. That was pretty confusing for me. Michael hadn't been there 6 months, and Lance had just left earlier this year. And I really liked Dave. So this news was pretty alarming. THEN, I talk to the head of the theatrical department, my other agent Greg Meyer today, and he informs me that he will be leaving next week as well!!! WHAT??? Apparently the theatrical division of ACME is shutting down. Completely. It was costing the agency too much money and wasn't bringing in the bucks.
So Greg will join another agency next week and hopefully will set up a meeting with me to meet them over there. Kinda scary to think my theatrical agency, who I was so excited about signing with, is no longer. Wow. So I talked to my manager today wondering if I should frantically start looking for a new agent and she said to hold on and see what happens with Greg. We both think that if he can bring me over to this new agency, I should go. He's really good at what he does.....
Yikes. I think I'll start researching my "top picks" again and see what I come up with. Maybe I'll start to get packages toegther, with my new headshots, and see if any meetings come from those submissions.
Great. Back at square one again. Ugh....

Comments

Stephon Fuller said…
Lydia, Lydia, Lydia....you are so far from square one it's not even funny. Are you kidding me? Have you looked at your resume lately? I know people who are at square one; you are not one of them.

No, it's not necessarily easy, but you have so much to offer and great credits. You'll figure it out; you always do.

Stephon
TanikaBrown said…
Baby! You have great new shots, a killer resume...don't sweat it. Go with Greg if it is a good fit for you. But you are not in a dire situation either way. How GREAT is he really? The department closed for not making money. Follow me? So he may be great, but not the end all be all. You have a great management team behind you, own that and have faith.
Shenita Moore said…
Don't worry Lydia, things will work themselves out girl!

- Shenita.

Popular posts from this blog

And the JOURNEY Continues...

Proud Agent

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?