M.I.A.

First of all, my apologies to those who read this blog regularly. I try not to go too long before I update this. I've been wanting to wait until I can post pictures from the film shoot before I updated, but I thought I would write something to hold everyone over until the pics come! :)
I can't believe I have been away from California for almost a month now! When I left on July 1st, I was looking forward to my extended "vacation" even though I knew I would be working for the first week and a half of July. I've been back in Corpus Christi for 3 weeks now, visiting my family and friends. It's been nice, but I am SO looking forward to going back home next Monday and getting back to work! Every so often I need a break like this to remind me how great my life and career really are - and I appreciate it much more when I get back! :)
The film shoot went AWESOME! I was so lucky to be able to work with such an amazing cast and crew! Everyone was so nice and professional! And Iowa was beautiful! they get lots of rain there, so everything was green and plush! then I come to Texas where there has been a drought and a heatwave and the grass is brown and dry. :( Hopefully things will get better soon! rain rain PLEASE COME!
Shooting Aaseamah's Journey was very much a learning experince for me - and the much needed "fire starter" that was missing! I was very nervous about tackling the "4th lead" of a feature film! Even though this character was written with me in mind, I wasn't sure I had what it took anymore to pull out a great peformance. Needless to say, confidence was lagging.
Then, with the excitement of working with my good friends Jennifer and Marlo, and being in Iowa for their project, somehow the character just "came to me" and everything just fell into place. It felt so good and comfortable. :)
I came back to Texas and signed up for my Howard Fine classes and I'm ready to hit the ground running.
Things are good. Very good.
I'm very optimistic. :)
I'll post pics soon, and promise to not let an entire MONTH go by again without an update!

Comments

Laura said…
Hey hope all is going well with texas :)

I am following your blog and I hope you will follow/link to mine :)

Have a good one

L

leadingladyla.blogspot.com
dion said…
Shouldn't the phrase read "...everything was green and lush!" instead of "...plush!"?
Unknown said…
Yes Dion, you are right. I must've been either drunk or talking about a teddy bear. haha

Popular posts from this blog

And the JOURNEY Continues...

Proud Agent

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?