TWO Auditions TODAY!

My manager called me yesterday with a small one line role on a SAG low budget film, but its starring a few big names and being directed by one of the stars. It was going to conflict with my subbing job for today and I was trying to see if they could see me afterwartds, around 3pm. I was willing to miss it if they weren't able to see me later. I hadn't worked much since I've been on vacation and I really couldn't afford to take time off - even for a one line role on a low budget film.
THEN, my agent called me around 8pm with another adition for today, within 30 minutes of that first one! This one is a larger role in a larger film. So I had to call the teacher and cancel on her. It was hard considering she arranged this with me last week and I was cancelling on her last minute. :( But she was very nice and understanding and even wished me well.
But of course, I'm not out here to be a substitute teacher, so I had to do what I had to do. :( Low on cash or not!
So here I am, working on my sides which I had to have translated into Spanish for the audition. Let's see if I can pull it off! :)

Comments

Tim said…
Good luck Lydia!
Anonymous said…
Lydia,

I have read most of your blog and find it very inspirational. I am an actress living in Phoenix. Your blog has so much information about the day to day "stuff" actors deal with. I'm still trying to decide whether I should go to LA. I'm 38, married with a 6 year old daughter. They are willing to go wherever I need to but I'm not sure if I would get booked as much as I would like. Being 38 and white, I might have too much competition. I was actually told by Paul Webber (casting) that I shouldn't even bother with LA because I'm too old. What do you think?

Love the blogg and will keep reading. :-)

Kate Williams
Unknown said…
Wow...too old? For what? There are roles for everyone! And I do mean everyone! There are a lot of actors in Hollywood, so yes, the competition is stiff - but if that scares you - than maybe LA is not for you.
You have to be fearless...and know that there are no rules to this game. And the only person standing in your way - is you! Don't let anyone talk you out of your dream!
Unknown said…
And Thanks Tim! :)

Popular posts from this blog

And the JOURNEY Continues...

Proud Agent

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?