2 Commercial Auditions Today! :-)


My first national commercial audition for the day was for ALEVE. They were looking for "trekkies" - and you wouldn't believe the characters that showed up today! I had no idea what to wear so I didn't even try! The most important thing was that we knew how to do that salute - the vulcan salute. And luckily for me - I did! :-) We just had to act excited about seeing Mr. Spock (it IS Mr and not Dr, right?) while at a convention and do the salute. pretty easy stuff. The coolest part was before the audition - in the waiting room. I was turning in my paperwork and I heard "Lydia?" I turned around and I didn't know the guy saying my name - but I definately recognized him. He played Ari's (Jeremy Piven's character) assistant on Entourage. Well, I have never formally met him - but he knew my name because he watched Curb Your Enthusiam and recognized me from that. He said he loved me on the show and that it was hilarious! WOW!!! Someone who I see regularly on a show was complimenting ME! That was cool! Then later - another guy came up to me and said I did an awesome job on Curb. That was cool too! I could get used to this!
The second national commercial audition for the day was for COMMIT - a patch for quitting smoking. It was fun. I just had to give a story about jeans...maybe about fitting into a pair - or NOT fitting into a pair. Believe it or not - this came very easily to me! I had a good time describing the rip in the ass of my favorite jeans! It was fun! We'll see if anything comes of either audition.
I pick up my postcards tomorrow and have to mail them pretty fast if I want the casting directors to get them in time for the airing of the shows next week. I also have a pre-production meeting with my managers tomorrow about a pilot they are producing. They have a role in it for me - so I'll check it out tomorrow. Sounds like fun!

Comments

Shenita Moore said…
Lydia,

Where do you get your postcards done?
Unknown said…
hi Shenita,
I usually design them myself and take them to Reproductions for duplication.
Shenita Moore said…
Thanks Lydia!
Anonymous said…
Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»
Anonymous said…
Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Popular posts from this blog

Proud Agent

And the JOURNEY Continues...

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?