Last Minute Nickelodeon Audition


Victoria Justice, the star of the pilot I auditioned for, and whose mother I would play.

So, the weirdest thing happened....
I was out last night with a friend of mine visiting from the East Coast and I get a message from someone I know who works for a different talent agency than who I'm with, letting me know there is an audition for a series regular on a new Nickelodeon show and they were seeing people the very next day. He felt I was perfect for this mom role and wasn't sure if I had gone in for it yet. No I hadn't, actually. He sent me the information and sides and was "passing on the info" for me so I could check it out. Apparently the casting director gave him the green light to send all his hispanic actresses in that age range - so he thought of me - which was nice, considering he doesn't represent me.
There were about 6 of us being seen for the role today. One of the actresses, Rosa Blasi, recognized my face as soon as she walked in. She and I had worked together on her show, Strong Medicine, a few years ago. I was a recurring role and did about three episodes, but that was a while ago, so I was surprised that she would remember me. I was also surprised she was going in on a preread for this show. That woman has been a regular on a few programs, and is working non-stop. It was nice just to share an audition room with her. :)
I felt I did pretty well. Not sure if it was my best considering the little time I had to prepare for it, but it was definately fun. At the moment the pilot is "untitled" but it does star Victoria Justice from Zoey 101, whose mother I would play. We'll see how this plays out....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi, I only want to tell you that your blog is really nice. I live in a titally different world and it is so cute reading about your experiences in Hollywood. I adore movies, so I must admit that you're very lucky in living such amazing experiences. Thanks
Unknown said…
Hi Mayfayn,
Thanks so much for stopping by! I checked out your site as well and noticed a lot of Orlando Bloom stuff. I'm shooting a film with him this Wednesday! If I get pics of him, I will post. :)
Take Care!
Anonymous said…
Hi honey, congratulations on your shooting in Sympathy for Delicious. Unfortunetely, Orlando was not there, he is in Australia in fact. And some fans of him are already worried because they think that he has just finished to shoot his part. Do you know if he has to shot again on the set of this movie?
Btw, congratulations again, and I have to say that your blog is really interesting! I adore the world of movies production!
jen3ar said…
Lydia, you are such a strong and wonderful actress, not to mention friend... I pray for you each time I know you have an upcoming read or audition. I tell my girls about you always, and when you get this part, your biggest fans will be them. Watching Nickelodeon and Disney channel are like breathing to them, so prepare to have your poster on their walls! You have what it takes to be a great "mom" on this show or in real life, so don't ever give up. I am so proud of you, always. Love from texas!

j esparza

Popular posts from this blog

Proud Agent

And the JOURNEY Continues...

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?