Is This a Test?



HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!
I can't even tell you how grateful I am to have been blessed with my parents! Today is my mother's birthday and I wish I could come up with words to express how much I appreciate this woman! She has done more for me than anyone would expect or hope for! I have never met anyone so giving and full of love! I love you mom!


Ok, so sometimes I have to stop and wonder if this is all a test from God.
So, Sunday afternoon I was temping at the apartment community in downtown LA., and my cell phone was stolen! Now, I'm not just talking any old cell phone.
This is the phone I convinced myself to buy.
The $400 cell phone that I wanted to "treat" myself with after the filming of The Holiday. I figured I should have a nice gift to show for as a present to myself for booking this film. I don't normally buy expensive gadgets like this. (Now I know why!) My phone was 2 months old and I was getting used to it still, and pretty addicted if the truth be told. This is a mini computer as well as a phone. I could check email, get online, send text messgaes, play games, watch videos, do just about everything! And the interesting thing about this was, it didn't affect me like I thought it would. When it was stolen, I was shocked - and yes, I did feel a little sick to my stomach - but that quickly passed. And instead of becoming overtaken by anger and revenge - I felt extremely positive. I was thinking "on the bright side" - well at least my bill is cut in half now! And if the person who took it felt he needed to do something like that - then let him deal with the consequences....the karma that will come his way. I reactivated my old phone, with all the scratches and bruises it's acquired over time, and the old photos and videos I took over the holidays, and just felt relieved that I had a working phone and was now back to being accessible!
Now, if only it would ring to tell me that I booked something!

Comments

ACTORSITE said…
Lydia.....Looks like you passed the test with flying colors....Nice to read how much your mom means to you!!!!!...Bookings are on the way!!!...Bruno
Stephon Fuller said…
Sorry about the phone, but you've got your parents. Lucky girl! Lucky Parents too! Family is great.

Stephon
Awww, Lydia, that picture is so cute! :) And the phone thing SUCKS! It's all good, you just gotta' pray for folks. Don't let that steal your shine; it's evident that they needed the damn thing! You can get another one. THE SAME ONE! Someone robbed me a brand new PDA at my temp job a few years ago, too and I got a new one, THE SAME ONE! :)

And like Bruno said, EXPECT MANY BLESSINGS IN BOOKINGS and in other ways! You'll be able to buy 10 of'em. You're on fire! :)
Anonymous said…
I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Popular posts from this blog

Proud Agent

And the JOURNEY Continues...

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?