Auditions!!

So this is FACT that drops do work!
I decided to drop my picture off at Bialy/Thomas Casting, just to let them know I'm available to reprise my role of Wife #3 on The Unit! ;-) They ended up calling me in straight to producers for their new show Jericho! I went in to read for the role of Julia, a radio operator, who works for the mayor. This could sound like a recurring role possibly! My audition was Friday at 5:30pm! The audition went great! The producers seemed like fun guys and they were pretty chit chatty with me. They kept saying I did a good job. I believe I was the last one they saw for that role that day - which is good. I like to be fresh in their heads when they need to make a decision! I hope I book it - I just hope it doesn't conflict with my flight back home to Texas!
But then again....work is work!
I had an audition yesterday for an off broadway play! The role is one of the leads and I REALLY want to do this part! Rehearsals would begin the end of August and open in LA at the end of September - then move to NYC and run the entire month of October. I know it's episodic season and some people would think I'd be crazy to entertain the idea of this play when I could be auditioning and working alot during that time here in LA - but I have always wanted to do something like this! Broadway - off broadway - live in NY for a month for work! It would be awesome! The contract would be an equity contract so the pay would be good, and my travel and housing expenses plus per diem - would all be taken care of. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get cast! My audition yesterday went well. I think the director and writer really liked me. I'm not sure if I'm "right" for the role since it was originally written for someone older to play - but I'm hoping I gave the strongest audition - enough for them to want me!
and I know I could do this.
I should find out sometime soon - by Tuesday or Wednesday of this week at least!

Comments

Stephon Fuller said…
Good luck on both of those Lydia!

Stephon
Shenita Moore said…
That's great Lydia! Congrats. I saw the promo for JERICHO last night.

- Shenita.
ON FIRE!

Wishing all good things for you! :)
Anonymous said…
Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»
can you please help me i really want to be an actor i have the skills please tell me where you got the auditions from please everyday i look for auditions and i cant find the right one please my family says you cant do it give up please your the only one i can look up to now(and God ) please help please right back soon:( :)

Popular posts from this blog

Proud Agent

And the JOURNEY Continues...

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?