Booked!

Finally - I get the call - close to 5pm today. My manager calls to tell me that my agent just contacted her and "congratulations!" Apparently I'm officially booked for Everwood! I'll get all the details on Friday, like my pay, flight info, hotel, etc... I'm really excited. Sadly enough, I'm more excited because I've never flown first class! :-) And I'm slightly nervous because I know they are spending a lot of money to bring me over to do this role - so I want to make sure they feel like they made the right decision. Hopefully I can kick ass on the set. They said that it should shoot next Thursday, November 3rd. If that is so, then maybe I'll fly out Wednesday and it won't affect my show on Tuesday night. I got a call from my director from the play today saying if I can't be there for the show on Tuesday they may have to cancel it for that week. She said she discussed it with the producer and they didn't know how to rearrange the show without me, so they would have to just cancel it for that week. I hope this gig in Utah doesn't interfere with the play because that's the last thing I want to do - make the show shut down for a week.
I saw a screening of the Hallmark movie The Reading Room with James Earl Jones tonight. It was a good movie. Very inspirational about the human spirit. They talked about it being available to show in classrooms. I think that's a good idea. It was nice to see such a diverse cast. I would've liked to see the Latinos in the film in roles other than gang bangers and hoodlums. But they did have one of the main Latino actors "change" for the better - so that was positive.

Comments

Jules said…
THAT IS SUCH GREAT NEWS!!!!

you rock, Lydia. You're so down to earth and talented and funny... man, that is FANTASTIC!

Now if I can just get my hands on that episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm that you were on... Everyone I know who saw it says it is one of the funniest Curbs they've seen.
Anonymous said…
CONGRATULATIONS!!
i'm so proud of you!! get used to flying first class lydia!
miss you!
love,
omie :)
Anonymous said…
I knew you could do it. They won't regret it. -Lett
Anonymous said…
I love you!!!
Anonymous said…
I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Popular posts from this blog

And the JOURNEY Continues...

Proud Agent

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?