All Grown Up

Having kids makes you a grown up. Or at least less selfish. This week we got life insurance. I've never thought about life insurance before. But something happens with you have kids. It makes it one of the most important investments in your life. Their future security. Next week its a mutual fund for the babies college (or car or graduation trip in case they get full scholarships!) Before, my savings would be for those slow Acting months to make sure I had rent covered; or a fabulous international vacation I was hoping to take; or a sporty two seater BMW convertible (ahh..memories!) Now, these days, it's for the babies and their future. I know it's going to be expensive raising two babies, especially how close in age they are! High school at the same time. Sports and organizations, school dances. Graduations close together. COLLEGE!!! Current income used to be for however many shoes, purses and clothes my heart desired. Dinners out with friends, happy hours, day trips to wherever. Now, it's for clothes for the babies since they outgrow them from one day to the next. I can't remember the last time I bought myself an outfit not to mention a new pair of shoes. And dinner and drinks? Only if I'm cooking and I happened to grab a bottle of wine at the store. Day trips? Sure - to the doctor's office, grocery store, maybe, if I'm lucky, a playgroup. That's IF I get out of the house - which is very rare. My life isn't about myself anymore. And that's the biggest change. And the best one. I was tired of my life being just for me. I've never felt more like a grown up, or more selfless than I do today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And the JOURNEY Continues...

Proud Agent

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?