Changes Are A'Happenin

Ok, time to get you up to speed with what's been happening lately..
I've had a couple of auditions this week for short films and a webseries.
One of the short films is an action film which would be a nice addition to my reel. I have a chemistry read with the actor who would be playing my boyfriend tomorrow afternoon.
The webseries was called The B Gate and it was written by Rick Najera from Latinologues and executive produced by Jennifer Lopez. The character was hilarious but we were paired up with another actor, and we just didn't have the chemistry to make it work. He didn't seem very comfortable with his character, or comedy actually, and our audition didn't go as well as I had hoped. Oh well - there are just some things you can't control. It would've been fun to be a part of this project.
I interviewed for another casting internship last week.
I'm also the casting director of a short film that a friend is producing and directing and we will be having auditions at the end of next week. Trying to keep as busy as possible...
Yet - seriously considering a temporary move somewhere. I've been thinking of taking a year and just going somewhere else. At first I thought of Austin, since I've lived there before and LOVED it! Then I figured maybe I needed something different from what I know already. So I've been tossing around the idea of going to NYC for a bit. I've visited twice but have never lived there. That would be different and exciting! Going back to my roots and doing some great theater. Maybe that will help me get out of this career funk I've been feeling lately.
Or, hell - I could even go to another country and not do anything with the industry for a year - maybe teach English in Spain? France? Italy? Somewhere...
Who knows... I have the freedom to go anywhere and do anything and I just don't want to feel stuck in the same place, doing the same thing - and not feeling fulfilled.
Maybe all I need to a vacation somewhere exotic. Hmmm..
I AM heading to Playa Del Carmen next month, and a road trip to Texas for a few weeks - maybe that will do it. We'll see...
If not, NEW YORK CITY - HERE I COME!! ;)

Comments

Tim said…
I'd say if you're wanting a change then plan it and go for it! Do it while you can because you never know what can come up later to hinder those plans. Just keep us posted. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Proud Agent

And the JOURNEY Continues...

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?