9 Years Ago Today...

I packed up what I could fit in my car and headed to Hollywood. The plan was to stay with my friend for a month and try and find a job and an apartment. I had saved up $3,000 which I thought was a lot of money at the time. Boy was I wrong! After two weeks, I found myself without a place to live and out on the street. Luckily I had met someone, who turned out to be one of my closest friends today, who took me in and let me stay with her for however long I needed. It turned out to be about three weeks. I found a cheap apartment in North Hollywood and began temping downtown while I finished my paperwork for substitute teaching. I did background work and found an agent my first month in town. I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I decided to be a professional actress in Hollywood. And I didn't know exactly how big to dream. I just wanted to work as an actress. I didn't need to be famous - I just wanted it to be my profession.
Well, 9 years later, looking back on how it all started, I feel really proud of how my career has turned out. I had no clue how competetive this industry was. I didn't know anyone and I figured everything out along the way. In the past 9 years, I have worked with amazing directors, alongside talented and well known actors, on some of my favorite tv shows and have even travelled out of the country for work. I'm really lucky to have had the success I've had and I thank everyone, friends, family and fans, for all your support. :)
Here's to a great first 9 years in Hollwyood, and for the next even better 9 years! :)

Comments

Skinny Arbuckle said…
great post. i look forward to what the next 9 years bring you.
Anonymous said…
I just read your blog entirely in one sitting! I'm making the move to LA later in the year and I am pretty much starting where you did. I only hope I can have the luck that you had. Here's to the next 9 years and congrats on your sucess so far.
Loved you in 'Curb' by the way!
Unknown said…
Wow - all of it in one sitting?? How long did that take you?!
Thanks so much for reading! Good luck to you! :)
Anonymous said…
Pretty much all afternoon! Thanks you for the kind words.
IAE Magazine said…
Lydia you rock!!! Your story will inspire A LOT of actors if they're open to take heed. Can't wait to publish your interview Monday.

IAE Magazine
www.IAEMagazine.com

Popular posts from this blog

And the JOURNEY Continues...

Proud Agent

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?