Series Regular Audition TODAY!

Wilmer Valderamma, executive producer and star of The Emancipation of Ernesto


Well, I'm not in South America...so I guess I didn't get that part. :( Damn... I would've loved to spend 12 days in South America!!!!
But, I DID have my audition this morning for that series regular role on the Wilmer Valderamma pilot for Fox!! And it went pretty awesome!!! :)
ok, so I got there pretty early. (Wasn't sure how traffic would be at that time, and I didn't want to risk it!) The casting director came out and greeted me with a great big hug and asked if I remembered HIM! Of course I do! I've known him ever since I moved to LA and started taking workshops. He's brought me in a few times before and I've tried to stay in contact with him through postcards periodically. He mentioned that he saw me on Weeds a couple of weeks ago and I gently reminded him of my Prison Break episode that will air next month (Sept 1st)! He gave me a quick note about the character and show and I waited a few more minutes before they called me in.
When I walked into the room, I met his partner who I've also met a while back, and the writer/producer of this pilot, Emily Kapnek. Everyone was so nice and they all laughed during my audition! Which is good...since it was a comedy! hehe
Afterwards, G. said "And that was Lydia Blanco!!", which I took as a compliment because it seemed like he was pretty proud of me. Awww..... I said my goodbyes and opened the door to leave, and Mr. Valderamma himself was standing right there. I smiled and said hello, he said hello, and entered the room as I left. Damn it - he missed my audition! Good thing they recorded it so he can check it out later. He is one of the executive producers for this show, and of course, the star. :)
I left the studio lot feeling REALLY good about the audition. I don't want to jinx myself and say that this is it - this is MINE....But I DID feel pretty damn good about it! ;)
I got a call from my manager not even an hour later, saying that the casting director called and said they had only brought in two girls for this role, and I was the only one that they liked! Wow. They want to bring me back in to meet another group of producers, but we are not sure when just yet. I just have to work on my accent in the second scene. I wasn't sure how thick I should do it, so I played it safe and did it very americanized - with a hint of an accent. Stupid me! I should have just done a thick one on my first try! Oh well... Good thing they are bringing me in again, so I can show them what they want! :) YAY!!!
I feel good about this project. I read the majority of the script and it's pretty hilarious! :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Lydia,
That is absolutely awesome. I sure do hope you get the part...let me know.
Also, I will be home on Aug. 25th so I'll be sure to watch Prison Break.
Take care.
Julie
Lipp said…
Great Story Lydia...Booking vibes to you!
Susan said…
Hey Lydia,

this is so awesome!
I wish you all the luck and booking vibes.

Please let us know, as soon as possible!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Proud Agent

And the JOURNEY Continues...

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?