On the Horizon

It's been a pretty slow week. I've been trying to stay productive and keep busy with some things that need to get done. I'm trying to design a postcard for my Prison Break airing (Sept 1st) and I've been refilling my manager's stash of headshots on me. Gotta make sure they have enough to keep submitting me! :)
Well, while I was in the office on Friday, my manager pulled me aside to talk about the possible series regular contract that I could be signing. Wow! She talked about how the contract would probably be for 7 years, and how I may want to hire a attorney to look it over, and to consider things like exclusivity clauses which limit my other work on different networks if I book this role. As I tried to stay focused and professional, my mind was being blown away at the thought of me possibly BOOKING this role and my biggest dream being fulfilled!! It's crazy to feel even this close to it! I'm trying not to get too excited about it, just in case it doesn't go my way....I'd hate to feel that huge disappointment! But it makes me feel good that my manager is pretty confident about me and feels like this really could be mine! Nice! I feel the same way - I just try not to say that outloud too much! hahaha Just in case....
Well, I thought I would be going in again this week to meet the other producers, but it looks like they are seeing a couple of other different roles and I won't be called in until next week.
Surprisingly, I feel very calm and at peace about this job. Not really nervous or unsure. I feel good...so we'll see what happens. :)

Comments

Shenita Moore said…
Hi Lydia,

I had a little free time tonight, so I decided I would drop by to catch up on your blog. I'm very happy to see that things are going so well for you!

I'll be praying for you in regards to the Series Regular Role. Keep up the great work!

P.S. Who did your reel? It's great!

- Shenita.
Unknown said…
Hi Shenita!
EditLady did my reel: http://editlady.com/
Anonymous said…
Lydia,

Actress in NYC here. I've been following your blog for about 2 years now and have enjoyed reading about all of your successes. Very inspiring!

I just had to drop you a note to say I'm sending good vibes your way on the pilot and hope that things turn out the way the universe intends! From reading your blog, I can tell you work hard and are passionate about the work so this would be well earned!

Break legs :-)
Unknown said…
HI Lydia,
Well at least someone's getting out;> It's Taji aka Tanya from Mista Nice Guy. Came across your blog and... I might have to get me one of these blogspots. You know we're in LA shorts Fest Aug. 8th so email me at tajinc1@yahoo.com, also wanted to ask you about your rep. Looking for new ones. Hope you get that Series and Boston.

Blessings,
Taji
Jules said…
Calm and assured, Lydia, that's the way to go! I'm sending good vibes your way, lady! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Proud Agent

And the JOURNEY Continues...

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?