7 Year Anniversary!

Today marks 7 years that I have been here in LA. 7 whole years! Wow, sometimes I think that I'm still a newbie in this town, but 7 years sounds like a long time now!
When I think back on my experiences these past 7 years, it has been a roller coaster ride! I came to this town on February 3, 2001 without much of a plan or roladex of contacts. I knew one person who I stayed with for 2 1/2 weeks until she kicked me out because she needed her "space" back and I took refuge with a new friend I had known a week, who practically saved my life and took me in for 3 weeks! Tough start to my new LA life!
Had my first audition from a blind submission (I just mailed my headshot in and hoped for the best) and had a callback! I moved into a crappy apartment in a rough area and moved out 2 months later. I did background work for a year, trying to get my SAG vouchers, because I was non-union and desperate to be part of the professional world of actors!! Doing background work was very tough for me but I stuck with it for a year - a year too long! haha
The moment I stopped, I started working as an actor! Weird how that happened, huh?
My career has been very good to me. I never though in a million years that I would work with the people that I have worked with! And even though I have my issues with some of the stereotypes I have to face everyday (maid roles!), I am very lucky that I get to do what I've always dreamed of doing!
Here's to another successful 7 years! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proud Agent

And the JOURNEY Continues...

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?