Ode to Ivy

I am one lucky girl. I was blessed with the most amazing baby girl. No seriously. She is such a good baby! It's like she knows we have our hands full already trying our best to handle TWO babies, so she doesn't make a fuss. Hardly ever. If she cries, it's only for a short period to let us know she's hungry. She sits quietly and observes. She gives me a HUGE smile whenever she sees me and loves to crack up laughing. And this little baby is a talker! She will sit and have conversations with me whenever she's awake - because she loves to sleep. And of course, she easily sleeps through the night. How did we get so lucky??? I often sit and stare at her beautiful face and wonder what kind of person she will grow up to be. What kind of dreams will she have? What kind of places will she see? Who will her best friends be? Will she love the arts? Would she want to play an instrument? Dance? Sing? ACT??? Will she always give people that beautiful smile? I hope so. I want her to live a happy life and bring so much joy to the world. It's unreal just how much she's changed me. Just how much you can love someone in 3 short months. Actually, I confess, it was a lot quicker than that - but it gets stronger everyday. Just when I don't think I can love her anymore than I already do - tomorrow comes. I hear stories from other new moms who complain about how their baby constantly cries or fusses or doesn't sleep through the night. How their baby prefers daddy over mommy or vice versa. And hearing these stories, I realize what a blessing I was given.
To my sweet Ivy, Today is May 31st. I've already had my first Mother's Day and I can't believe 3 months have passed since I held you all pink and tiny in my arms. I cannot believe how much you smile and laugh and hold your head up all on your own. But most of all, I cannot believe that it is possible to love you more with every day. You make my heart sing, my love. I have to be honest, it wasn't long before that I wasn't what most people would call "mommy material". Before you, I was wild and carefree, I didn't think about the future much. You, my sweet little angel, changed me. From the moment I discovered you were growing in my belly, I vowed to be the best mom I could be. To be a mom that you and Nicolas would be proud of. To be a mom you will love, trust and always know that no matter what, in my eyes you are perfect. I know that I will make mistakes, and I know that as you get older, I will embarrass you and you won't want to snuggle with me like you're doing now as I write this. This makes me sad, but I know that as an individual you will need your space to grow. But I want you to know something...No matter how old you are, no matter what you do, and no matter who you become, I will always love you with every fiber of my being. After all, you're the only one that knows what my heart sounds like from the inside. <3 Love, Mom

Comments

I. Curiel said…
What a beautiful entry, Lydia. You are truly blessed to have such a good baby...my Christian was like that (though his sister, who followed, wasn't, lol) and you know what? It doesn't make a bit of difference...you still feel incredibly blessed either way. You just get more rest with a "well-behaved" baby! :)

Popular posts from this blog

And the JOURNEY Continues...

Proud Agent

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?