Mark Ruffalo - You're My Hero



I have a crush.

His name is Mark Ruffalo.


I went to the SAG Foundation Conversations with Mark Ruffalo tonight. For those of you who don't know, Conversations is like the Inside the Actor's Studio Q&A with actors. He talked about how he got started and his 9 years as a bartender before he got his big break. He's a very modest man, never thinking his movies are a success BECAUSE of him. When asked what he wished someone would've told him when he first started in the business, he answered "It's gonna take a LONG time....but it's ok." He said that he had thought about quitting acting and moving back to Wisconsin plenty of times in those 9 years, and even went back home once and worked for his dad. But he found himself feeling like he was missing something, and came back. He said he did theater during those tough years, to help him get through it.

I love this man.

I went up to him afterwards, nervous and curious if he would remember working with me on his directorial debut "Sympathy for Delicious (which premiered tonight in LA). When he was reminded who I was, he gave me a huge hug and said I was wonderful in my role (he's way too kind - my role is brief). I left, with weak knees - literally. :)

There were many times in his interview where I felt like I related completely with what he's gone through. I have thought about moving back to Texas numerous times in the past 10 years, but have never done it. It's weird - because I feel like something is missing NOW, and I'm curious if I will find that once I leave this place. or will it find me back where I am now...? Who knows.

The difference is - he finally left to figure out where he needed to be.

And I feel the same way.

Comments

I wish you the absolute best in whatever you decide to do. It's so important to use your head, but go with your gut. Hollywood will be here if you decide to come back, but no matter what choices you make, I hope they all lead you to "happy" and "fulfilled."

It takes courage to change direction solely on the strength of your convictions, whether those convictions lead you TO the life of an artist or to take a break from showbiz for awhile. I commend you. Live, girl. That's what life is for!

XO

--Nicole
I wish you the absolute best in whatever you decide to do. It's so important to use your head, but go with your gut. Hollywood will be here if you decide to come back, but no matter what choices you make, I hope they all lead you to "happy" and "fulfilled."

It takes courage to change direction solely on the strength of your convictions, whether those convictions lead you TO the life of an artist or to take a break from showbiz for awhile. I commend you. Live, girl. That's what life is for!

XO

--Nicole

Popular posts from this blog

Proud Agent

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?

And the JOURNEY Continues...