General Hospital


10 years ago I made a "to do" list of the kinds of projects I wanted to tackle during my career. I checked them off as I booked them...
Films, independent and studio, sitcoms, single camera comedies, one hour dramas, one hour dramedies, soap operas, commercials, print work, etc...
Over these past 10 years, I've been fortunate enough to work in all of these mediums except for soap operas....UNTIL NOW! :) I booked a role on the long living series General Hospital. I didn't even have to audition! It was a straight offer. I went by ABC studios today to pick up my script so I can see what I will be playing. My role is "Inez" - yes, an undocumented worker who is posing as a maid to help Dr. Niles lie about stealing medication from the hospital. I'm asked to do an accent. Hmmm...I wonder if Irish would work? Or Austrailian? hehehe
I picked up my script in the casting office and met both Mark and Gwen today for the first time. Both were incredibly warm and welcoming. So excited to work on this show. I've had friends work on soaps and they've told me how fast the workday goes. No chance to do it a 4th and 5th take. Do it and move on. Quick quick quick.
I shoot on Monday. Reading the entire script now, and researching videos online to get some insight into the show.

Tomorrow I have an audition for The Cape - ironically, the show I help cast as an intern earlier this year when it was a pilot. I'm very thankful Risa, the casting director, thought to bring me in for this small teacher role. It would be nice to work as much as I can before my big move.... I'll tell you more about that soon...

Comments

mendlbarr said…
my dream job... a soap! congrats! tell us when it comes on, okay?
This is so cool! I'm an actress as well and I just stumbled across your blog :)

I have an acting 'bucketlist' myself and being on a soap is definitely one of them - let alone General Hospital!

SO COOL

Can't wait to hear more about your journey! Good luck!
Toronto Actress said…
Congrats and Have fun!

I'm going to submit to Soap Casting Directors this month. It's worth a try! :)

Popular posts from this blog

And the JOURNEY Continues...

Proud Agent

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?