General Hospital







I shot General Hospital this week. :) After 10 years, that was the one thing I hadn't done - worked on a soap opera! It was a really cool and different experience!
Things work really fast in soaps. You don't have time to perfect a scene take after take. You show up to set, block it, rehearse it, shoot it, and move on to the next thing. I play Inez, supposedly the housekeeper's cousin who Dr Niles steals medicine for. Well, that's what Dr Niles tells everyone at the hospital. Apparently, she's quite the villian! But the actress who played her couldn't be more sweet! In fact, the group of actors I worked with were all very welcoming and nice. They put glamourous makeup on me and when I arrived on set, they said I looked too "pretty" for someone with bronchitis, so a makeup artist had to alter my face and made me look pale with bags under my eyes and a red nose. LOL I'm gonna look lovely!
I was there only 5 hours and shot my scenes which will be in two episodes - beginning Dec 14th. :)

I did a reading of a screenplay Tuesday night. If all goes well, this film will shoot in texas in the Spring. Two good friends of mine developed and wrote it. It's always exciting to see my friends make things happen for themselves. :) And it was nice reconnecting with friends I hadn't seen in a while. :)

Today I have a commercial audition for Walmart and another commercial audition tomorrow!

Comments

Tim said…
Hi Lydia,
Glad things are on the upswing for you now, after being slow for a while. Nice pictures!
This is so cool! I hope to have an experience like this in my future. Congrats and break a leg!

Popular posts from this blog

Proud Agent

And the JOURNEY Continues...

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?