I Like Good News!

I got a call at 10:15am this morning, while I was teaching, telling me that I had a last minute callback for the pilot "The Virgin of Akron, Ohio" at 1pm. This is the emotional rollercoaster part that I went in for last Friday. So I headed over during lunch and saw that they were seeing a few girls for a different role - but no one there for mine. I did see one other girl who was up for the role of "Gina" - the woman who my husband cheats with, there and no one else for her role either. Hmmm...interesting.... They had us wait a little because the casting director wanted to work with us on it. I thought this was a "producer's session" - so I thought I would be walking into a room full of people, like it normally is on a callback. But this time it was just the CD, myself, and her assistant working the camera. She basically directed both scenes for me until I did it perfectly how she wanted it. She asked if I could put the script down during the scene and I had just refreshed my memory of the lines - so I wasn't sure I could do it without messing up. But I put my sides down anyway, and hoped for the best. Luckily, somehow, my memory kicked in and I was able to do the lines without a problem. :)
At one point, after she adjusted the lighting to "perection" - she said "I'm going to get you this part if it's the last thing I do!". Wow! I don't know if any other casting director has pulled for me this much on a role before! It was really nice to hear that! You never know just how much a casting director really likes you, or goes to bat for you, so it's nice when you find out these things! :) We did the scenes a few times and she seemed very happy with them. So now it's up to the producers to decide. I believe this shoots on Tuesday of next week, so if I book this, I should hear something by the end of today or Monday.
Another piece of GREAT news....my manager called me yesterday to let me know I'm "pinned" for another episode of What About Brian. I guess this means they have my character, Maria the nanny, written in this next episode, but not sure if it will stay in. So I'm pinned for now. I think this shoots in a week or so, so we'll see. YAY!!!
I like good news. Good news is always.....good! :)

Comments

Sarah Jean Fry said…
Lydia,
Congratulations! Can't wait to read the updates!
Sarah Jean
Congratulations!!
Shenita Moore said…
Congrats Lydia!

- Shenita.

Popular posts from this blog

Proud Agent

And the JOURNEY Continues...

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?