Remembering the Good Ole' Days

Ah...remember the good old days when I used to work an a professional actress?? Wow - those were some great times! haha Yeah, I know you can hear the sarcasm dripping from these words. And I'm being pretty dramatic - but still! My last job, let me rephrase - my last theatrical job was back in JUNE! We are almost OCTOBER!!!!!! I'm not including the on star commercial back in August. I guess I should - but since I don't really work commercials all that much, that booking was kind of a fluke. But seriously, I guess technically, my last job was in August. Still feels like too long.
I'm so frustrated, and tired. I'm doing everything I can to keep things moving and it's a ghosttown in my career! I'm doing the weekly drops, running and participating in) the workshops, in class with Howard Fine every week, even teaching an audition technique class every Monday, and it feels like it's all for nothing.
The last audition I had was over two weeks ago - for yet another maid. And before that? JULY! Wow...
This is really depressing. I need a job. I need to work I need something.
Let's start with coffee. Here's to a better week this week.

Comments

Broadus said…
Hang in there lady, and remember:

"Fortitudine Vincimus"
Anonymous said…
This is not to discourage you from teaching but when you teach others about your gift/talent you are giving it away. It no longer belongs to you. Therefore, you don't get the same opportunities. Try to look at when your auditions started to dwindle and I bet money it's right around the time you started teaching.
Unknown said…
Interesting theory "Anonymous" - but the issue with that is - I've always taught. I started teaching at Actorsite many many years ago - maybe '04? And since then I've had slow times and busier times. I think it just comes in ebbs and flows...
Tim said…
Have a cup of coffee and keep at it Lydia. I think the feeling of frustration would be worse if you slacked off, knowing that you really weren't trying as hard as you could, but I've been reading your blog long enough to know that that probably isn't going to happen. You seem to be an upbeat kind of person, so don't let the slow times take that enthusiasm out of you. Things will pick up, I'm sure. Here's hoping it will be very soon. :)
Anonymous said…
hey Lydia, how is it going? I can't remember when we last spoke, but this blog sounds nothing like you. I remember you as always being extremely optimistic and believing that everything will get better. And I know that its probably very frustrating and depressing when things do not come out as planned. However, you shouldn't let that change who you are and upbeat person with a smile on her face. So cheer up and I know things will pick up for you with the acting gigs. Take Care
Unknown said…
Hi "Anonymous", not sure who you are since you didn't sign your name, but I'm trying to keep it real on my blog. I can pretend that this career is a walk in the park, but I have to be honest, especially for the readers, and give them the truth about a career in this industry. The fact is, it's not easy. And there are hard times. We all go through them. Even me. And yes, I'm always optimistic and positive and I take pride in that - but I do get frustrated and down as well. And I owe to to my friends and readers to keep it real.
Thanks for everyone's support! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Proud Agent

And the JOURNEY Continues...

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?