Vacation is Over...

I had a very long vacation and am happy to be back home. I missed an audition while I was in Texas, for a TV movie. :( Oh well...next time.
I'm trying to get back into my routine now, but I still feel like I'm on vacation! I will post pictures of my work on the set of Little Birds. And of course, I'm not allowed to take pics of my next job - nor talk about it, so I guess there's nothing to say about that - except I'm working on June 18th... hehe :)
The short film I was casting, Scratcher, has been put on hold until we find the star of the movie that the director and executive producer feel is right. So I will keep an eye out wherever I go. Maybe at Starbucks...
I should be back teaching acting to my students over at Actorsite next week, which I'm looking forward to. And I'm dying to do a play. A good one. A really good role in a really good theater with really good people... Any leads??

Comments

will said…
YES A PLAY!

its great reading about other actors. thanks for the blog!
Elizabeth McIntire said…
I know it's about 4 years old, but I love this post! Curious... how *did* you make the transition from background to co-star?

http://lydiasjourney.blogspot.com/2006/10/taking-notes.html#links
Unknown said…
Hi Elizabeth,
Actually this post is recent - just this month.
I made the transition after doing background on a Richard Dryfuff pilot. He sat us all down as if in "The Actor's Studio" and told all of us actors that we needed to stop doing background work. So I stopped immediately and about three months later booked my first speaking role on a TV show: Strong Medicine. :)
Wow, that was about 8 years ago now...
Elizabeth McIntire said…
Awesome! How exactly did you do that though? Did you just stop going out for background work and you eventually got cast as a co-star? What other acting work did you have under your belt at the time to show to CDs to demonstrate you could do co-star level work?
Unknown said…
Hey Elizabeth,
Email me - I'll answer your questions there. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Proud Agent

And the JOURNEY Continues...

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?