Things Are Gooooood :)





I had a really good past few days. :)

Friday was really awesome shooting my last day on the set of Better Off Ted. Everyone there is SO nice and I had a great time being very pregnant! They built our home and decorated it to the very smallest detail - it was incredible! I always hate when it's the last day of shooting for me and everyone is getting their prelim callsheet and saying "see you Monday" - except for me! :( I can't wait for the day where I get to come back on Monday, and the day after that....and the day after that...
Then, on Saturday, something really awesome happened! I went to check out a show at the Hollywood Bowl with a friend of mine. The stands were full, we were getting to our seats when we noticed three girls sitting in our spots. They checked their tickets, we checked ours and they noticed they were sitting in the row in front of us instead. As they were moving, one girl said I looked familiar and she knows me somehow. Then, she asked if I was an actress. I said yes. Then it came to her instantly. She shrieked "Oh my God - You're MARIA from Curb Your Enthusiasm!!!!" That was so surreal. I had been recognized once before at Target from a Curb fan, but that was right after the episode had aired. This was three years later and she knew my face... Crazy. I turned about three shades of red. That was unbelieveable, especially when I looked around and saw just how many people were in this venue and how she somehow recognized ME. weird.
Sunday I spent 9 hours at the Howard Fine Studio for Panel and scene day. The day started off with a panel discussion with an agent, manager, and a casting director - who couldn't make it last minute due to the crazy traffic in LA (a triathalon blocked traffic) It was very informative. Afterwards we went on to the scenes that Howard's scene study classes signed up to perform. It was a long day- but very entertaining! I had a great time sitting with the people from my Comprehensve Technique class that ended a few weeks ago. :)
Then, yesterday I had an audition for a staged reading for the CBS executives of a new dramedy show. The script is titled Life Happens and I originally was called in for Ana, the older wisest sister - in her 40's. When I got there, they had me read for Isabel, the lead (in her 30's) instead. I'm not sure why I was called in for the older sister anyway, but I was ready to read for it. but i liked the role of Isabel much beter - and it was nice to see so many actress friends of mine who I hadn't seen in a while auditioning to play my family members! :) I saw Tina D'Marco, who played my mom in the Santa Barbara production of Real Women Have Curves, and who is also playing the mom in this script. It would be great to work with her again, considering we know we have that chemistry! We'll see what happens...
Today - audition for Sons of Tucson.

Comments

Tim said…
Sounds like things are going great for you Lydia!
What a feeling it must be to have someone recognize you like that... a very satisfactory, "I've really made it" kind of feeling I'm sure. :)

Popular posts from this blog

And the JOURNEY Continues...

Proud Agent

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?