Day One

Well, actually, it's Day two.  Day two of the new year, and day two of my new diet and fitness overhaul.  Day one of working out though.  Thanks to a very bad stomach ache the first of the year, I followed my healthy eating diet, but I couldn't workout until today.  So Day one of back on the saddle.
What's weird was, I've lost 100 pounds before.  I did it once, I can do it again, right??  It's not like I'm trying to lose the whole 100 again, but I'm trying to get my butt back into shape.  I'm not even shooting for my skinniest.  Just my happy weight.  To go with my happy date.  :)  We finally set a date to get married - September 7, 2013.  So I have 8 months to drop pounds.  Eight months to get back into fighting weight.  Ugh.
The thing is, it's like I forgot HOW I did it!  It WAS many years ago...and I was so much younger.  My metabolism was way faster...yadda yadda yadda...  I know I can do it again.  I just have to remember what worked.
If I can recall, I remember calling it the "Common Sense Diet".  I didn't eat junk food, fried food, fast food.  I drank tons of water, I ate smaller portions, more fruits and veggies.  I started walking, then jogging, then running.  Then I remember I plateaued.  I was stuck on those last 20 pounds.  Only really needing to lose 10 of those, but kind of in a crazed diet mind-frame, I went for the 20.  That's when I turned low-carb and kicked up the workouts.  Ah, victory!  I was my goal weight for maybe 5 minutes. Ok, Maybe a weekend.  Then I slowly landed back at my "happy weight" where I stayed for the most part.
The treadmill is turned on and ready to go.  I started walking on it today.  Trying to squeeze in 10 minutes here, 15 minutes there, trying to add it all up.  It's hard to take care of two babies and our home, pay bills, go grocery shopping and find 10-15 min here and there to jump on the treadmill, when jumping in the shower is a daily challenge!  But I will do it!  Whether that means that my shower has to  now be moved to the evening so I can have my days free to workout...I will do it.
So day one of this journey.
I don't intend this to turn into a weight loss and diet blog - or even a wedding planning blog, but this is what's happening in my life in 2013.  So, yeah.  And a First birthday in March.  And a Second birthday in August.  And hopefully a 2 morning a week pre-pre-pre school in the fall for the babies....  A lot going on.  :)
But first, Day one.  Two.  Whatever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And the JOURNEY Continues...

Proud Agent

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?