Advice would be nice here....

I'm torn. I'm debating if this is the right time for me to get back into the swing of things and audition again. I have auditions for two plays next week, if I choose so. They would be opening in September and December. This would be my first play back since having the babies. I remember the last play I did, I didn't quite feel ready for it. And I feel like my performance suffered because of it. And now, I'm torn if I should out myself back there again. Mainly because Ivy and Nic are still so little. And rehearsals would most likely be from 7-10 most evenings, so that means I would be with the babies until Ceasar gets home, spend maybe an hour with him, and then take off to rehearsal for a few hours. By the time I would get home, the babies would be asleep and I would do the whole thing over again the next day. I'm scared. I'm not sure why. On one hand, its a huge commitment. Many nights of rehearsal, many hours sacrificed away from home. On the other hand, it would be nice to get out of the house and see other adults, and do something for ME. Any words of encouragement and/or advice is greatly appreciated! :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
If it is something you think you eventually want to get back into full-swing, I think you should do it... get into the habit now of setting time aside for yourself. If you feel guilty or like it's too much of a time commitment right away, limit yourself to one production every X number of months... so maybe do the September one or the December one, but not both.
Anonymous said…
I forgot to say you should audition for both, so if you get cast in both, you can have your pick, both play-wise and schedule-wise. :)
Hey Lydia--

I would just think really carefully about what exactly it is that you need right now. If you just need some "Lydia time" and want to get out of the house (which is totally understandable!) then there are easier, less exhausting ways to do it. But if it's the acting specifically that you want to get back to, then this may be worth the time commitment and schedule disruption. (I also agree with the other commenter that one play may be a better bet than trying to do both). Good luck, whatever you decide!
Unknown said…
I definitely wouldn't do BOTH plays! I'm not even sure I can do ONE right now. That's the thing - they are so small, I can't imagine leaving them 4 nights a week for 3-4 hours for two months!
Maybe the way I know it would be time for a play is when that feeling in my stomach feels empty because I NEED to do one. Right now I'm feeling more guilty about leaving them than an urgency to do a play. So maybe I'll wait until I just can't wait any more. :)
I can always hang with girlfriends once a week to get out of the house....?

Popular posts from this blog

Proud Agent

And the JOURNEY Continues...

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?