New Start

Well, life in Austin is so much more different than what I'm used to in LA. I have to find a "real job" which is weird for me. There are many things that interest me, and I'm sure I can be happy doing a number of things. Adjusting to having to be somewhere everyday and work for someone else - that's something I'll have to get used to. But, there are some things you can't beat - like being able to go to my goddaughter's 2nd birthday! If I was in LA, I doubt I would've been able to fly in for her birthday in Dallas this weekend. This is the time of year where I'm usually busy with auditions, or waiting to be busy - so I never really allowed myself to leave town until the summer. Now I don't have to worry about that. And I got to see family this weekend, and watch Ava have a great time at Chuck E Cheese's yesterday. :) I wouldn't trade that for anything!
So - this morning I decided to get back to working out again. For some reason, I fell into a depression back in LA that got me out of my workout mindset, and I haven't snapped out of it. I'm sure it had a lot to do with not being happy - and not knowing what to do about it. But now that I'm back in Texas, enjoying life, and trying to figure out the rest, I realized that I'm not as sad and depressed as I was before - and yet I hadn't been back to the gym. I kept putting it off, saying I'll start Monday - for the longest time. And of course, I have gained some weight from this workout hiatus, which depressed me more, so I still avoided going. It would just frustrate me that I couldn't do what I used to do when I was at my fittest. But instead of hitting the gym, I did nothing. Until this morning. I figured, since I'm looking for a full time job and I'm free during my days, I can wake up and hit the gym like it's my job for the time being. Then I can come back and do what I need to do at home and run errands. So this morning I started my workouts. The plan is to keep it up - everyday, well - at least 5 days a week.... ;)
Rehearsals for the play reading start on Friday and I'm excited to be around other people on a regular basis! I forgot how social having a regular job is! I look forward to that! Rehearsals will take place for about 3 weeks, then we do the reading for an audience. Can't wait :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proud Agent

And the JOURNEY Continues...

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?