Austin - I'm HOME :)

Well, I am all moved and unpacked here in Austin. I had a job interview earlier this week for a position I had with a different company in the same field before I left for LA. I really liked that job - I was a marketing representative and I had fun meeting different people everyday. When I found out this position was available and i was being considered for it - I got SO excited. After my interview Monday, I realized how long it's been since I've been on a real job interview, other than an audition. I was rusty. And I didn't know how to answer some of their questions. They asked me about dealing with customers in the past and asked me a lot fo sales questions. man, I haven't dealt with a "customer" or sold anything - other than myself in auditions - in quite some time, so I didn't know how I could spin it to relate to my past experience. All I can say is, that interview was a learning experience. We'll see how it turns out.
I did audition for a play reading Tuesday. It's being directed by a good friend of mine, Mary Alice Carnes, who directed me in a production of My Visits with MGM here in Austin over 10 years ago - before I moved to California. The play was written by another friend of mine, Erica Saenz, and being produced by Teatro Nuevo. It was SO good to see these people again, and reconnect with the Austin Theater world. I think this is what I've been missing these past few years. An avenue to do great theater with amazing people and really good scripts that tell real stories.... I got cast and rehearsals will begin next month. So excited to be working with them again! It's a play READING - not an actual production just yet. But I'm looking forward to it nonetheless.
I don't miss auditioning for TV and film at all! Friends of mine are going to commercial and theatrical auditions everyday, and I thought I would miss it when I hear them talk about their opportunities. But I don't. Right now I am loving my life, and where I'm at. I would love to land a great second career doing something I'm good at and I enjoy - so that's next on my "to-do" list. :)
Maybe I should try writing. You know...like a script or something - not just my blog. Hmmm....

Comments

Tim said…
Glad to hear that you're settled in, Lydia. Good luck with the job interview!
Unknown said…
I am so happy for you. And miss you.
Anonymous said…
Hi,

There is a website you might want to check out. The address is newtalentalltalent.com, it's totally free.
Hey Lydia, another Thespian from Austin just like me! It must be strange to attend 'real' interviews as opposed to an audition but what's more important is that you have found a happy medium in your life. You say you don't miss auditioning? did you have a bad experience or did the passion for it just fade. I still attend several auditions each week and belong to casting websites such as http://www.famestreet.com and use their acting auditions but I think you should not give up just yet, get auditioning again and good luck Lydia
rachel said…
i took a break. i was cast in a film my friend directed but other than that, i feel really done too. doing my own projects (ive always been in the art field) and im so much happier. good for you lydia for following your heart. i wish you tons of happiness!!
R. del Arsante' said…
Hi Lydia,

It's Rob from the Y.A.M. group in LA (OMGC). Came across your blog and see you're back in Austin. I know you will do well given all of your talents. God bless you and best wishes always,

~Rob (L.A. misses you)

Popular posts from this blog

Proud Agent

And the JOURNEY Continues...

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?