Last Minutes

Yesterday I had an audition for Raising Hope. The role was Rosa, and it was a heavy accented character who also spoke Spanish. I had mixed feelings about this audition. Aside from the obvious, ANOTHER role with an accent, if I booked it, it would shoot next week. Considering my movers had moved all my stuff out of my place on Tuesday, and my keys are being turned in this weekend, booking this job would be a somewhat "inconvenience". Don't get me wrong - if I got the job, I would've stayed and worked it. But I would've had to find a place for me and my cat to stay until the end of shooting, call the movers and hold the delivery until I'm finally in Texas, and possibly miss my Godson's 5th birthday party! Yikes!
And for some reason, I didn't feel like I could've turned the audition down.
So I went. And I was pretty awesome. They were laughing throughout and I was definitely "in the zone". I got the call later that day that I was on "watch and advise" - and that it may be down to me and one other person. My agent asked what I wanted to do since we didn't know what days this would shoot. We decided to push for a decision so I would know ASAP if I have to change everything for next week.
Well, they called back last night and the role went to the other person. :)
This is one of those times I'm glad I didn't get the role. Is that weird? I guess that's how I know I'm ready to go. Ready for my BREAK from this town. I'm looking forward to things that have nothing to do with this career. Like a detox.
Maybe finally moving away from LA will allow my creative juices to start flowing again.

I've got 2 more days in this town and then I'm on the road back home. Crazy... I think it's finally hitting me now how real this is...

Comments

Anonymous said…
just think...if you would've booked, you could've have exited LA as you entered it: sleeping on my couch!! :D haha love you chica!
Tim said…
Good luck with your move Lydia!
Anonymous said…
Hi my friend! I want to say that this post is amazing, great written
and include almost all significant infos. I'd
like to peer more posts like this .

Also visit my web site - Texas movers

Popular posts from this blog

And the JOURNEY Continues...

Proud Agent

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?