Nothing


It's been almost three weeks since I've had a single audition. THREE WEEKS! That's crazy! I'm talking nothing...no commercials, no films, no television shows...
I've just been here, waiting - bored - trying to keep myself busy. That really sucks for someone who makes their living by Acting. If there are no auditions, that means no potential work - which means, no income - which sucks. Get me?
I am doing the workshops EVERY week, dropping my headshot at the casting offices EVERY week, teaching my classes, taking my classes, doing everything "right" and it's still tumbleweeds blowing by in my career.
Crazy.
And I write this - not to be "negative" - but to be truthful. There are low times in this career and then there are times when everything just STOPS.
I can feel myself losing gas. Wanting to just go away. Do something else. Somewhere else. Live an actual LIFE...
I look forward to that actually. :)
Makes that decision to leave Hollywood behind better and better...

Comments

Bexter said…
I always feel the same way after long stretches of nothing, then I get on a set and fall back in love. The problem is when the long stretches of nothing turn into long miles of nothing!
Unknown said…
And an even bigger problem is when you're back on set - and not in love anymore...
Toronto Actress said…
Hi Lydia!

First time noter here, but long time fan of your blog (I've read every single entry)! I just want to tell you that I'm a big fan of your work - talk about great comedic timing and a versatile actress! - and to encourage you to hang in there. It seems that this "audition drought" is stretching across the coasts and even countries! Hopefully you will get to work or at least audition soon! :)

Best wishes,
Toronto Actress

Popular posts from this blog

Proud Agent

And the JOURNEY Continues...

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?