Slowing Down for the Holidays...


The past couple of weeks have been pretty slow for me. I went to a book signing party for my acting coach's new book Fine on Acting, written by Howard Fine. That was fun! I got to see a lot of my classmates from my first class at the studio. I have seen a few screenings through SAG lately. I saw Up in the Air a couple of weeks ago - GREAT MOVIE! And I also saw The Hurt Locker - another great film. I worked on that industrial last week, which shot really fast. I was in and out of the set in about three hours. I've been coaching some of my students for their auditions lately, which has been keeping me busy since my own auditions have slowed down.
I did find out that my episode of Better Off Ted is airing sooner than I thought. Looks like it will be on Jan 1st on ABC: check this link
I also decided to let go of my long time manager today, after about 6 or 7 years. I just decided i would try the new year with just my agent. I think they are working pretty well for me, so I don't really see the need for a manager at the moment. We'll see how this decision pans out...
I do have exciting news!! At the start of the new year, I will have my gorgeous goddaughter/neice in town for about a month to test the waters out here. Her mother (my neice)wants to see if she has any luck with a modeling career. She's 9 months old. It took me all of ten minutes to find her an agent! If only things went that fast for me when I got to town! haha
Maybe her career will keep me busy when I get back from vacation - because my career has been REALLY slow these past couple of months...

Comments

Skinny Arbuckle said…
best of luck to your baby niece and to you for taking on the role of "stage aunt" to her. that may become a full time job!
Tim said…
Hi Lydia,
I hope things pick up for you again soon. You know... you always seem so cheerful and upbeat in your writings, even when times aren't going quite as well as you'd hoped, and you always have wonderful things to say about the people you work with and meet in your profession. It's always a pleasure to come here and follow your career and hope that you get this part or that. Thanks so much for keeping your blog going so we can share just a wee bit in your adventures.
Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Proud Agent

And the JOURNEY Continues...

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?