Reaching Goals

When I first started dreaming of becoming an actress, my "ultimate" goal was to be able to say that my profession was an "actor". That I could make a living doing, what seemed to be, the impossible. I used to dream of writing in the word "Actress" under "occupation" on any paperwork that I would fill out. That was my measure of success. That's the point where I can say I have made my dream come true.
Well, I have been here for 7 years and the first couple of years were definately a struggle. I made barely any money as an actress, if any at all! Then, things started to change and I began to work more as an actress and less as a substitute teacher. And every year the scales would tip even further in favor of the acting.
This year, as I prepare my taxes, I realize that for the past couple of years, I have made a decent living as an ACTRESS. Yes, I still substitute teach, but it's more of a part time job for extra money now.
So I just had to smile to myself at the realization of finally reaching that important goal - that "unattainable" dream.
It feels good to know that I made it happen. :)

I heard a great quote today:
"Brick walls are there to prove to ourselves how much we want it."

So true.

Comments

Lipp said…
That's pretty darn cool!

Popular posts from this blog

Proud Agent

And the JOURNEY Continues...

ACTOR: Your Hobby or Profession?